The Body Shop - Matte Clay Skin Clarifying Foundation






When I first committed to cruelty free full time there was one thing I was dreading... Finding a new foundation. For years, Revlon Colorstay was my mainstay. It was the only foundation that covered my blemishes and didn't slide off my face five minutes after application. However, if it was going on a bunnies face, it had no place on mine any longer and it was time to bid a fond farewell.

I'm a long standing fan of The Body Shop for it's skincare but I had never given it a second thought for makeup. I discovered this purely by accident when watching a random make up tutorial. Matte. Full coverage. Cruelty free and vegan. My ears were pricked and off I went in search!

The colour range isn't particularly diverse. I always buy two shades of a foundation to match my varying depths of tan, but the options for yellow tones were few and far between. I settled for Railay Beach 014 and Moluccan Nutmeg 055.

Instantly, you get smacked with full on coverage. It completely covers smaller red marks and blemishes and for those bigger imperfections, it is buildable without becoming cakey.

The finish dried down to matte very quickly. With just a light setting powder, this foundation lasted 10 hours, separating only very slightly on my nose. This is not a lightweight foundation. It is comfortable but very heavy duty and extremely matte. I think people with drier skin would be best to avoid this yet if oiliness is your sin, then this may be just the ticket for you.

The tea tree in the formula has purifying properties which I believe has prevented any unwelcome breakouts.

New. Holy. Grail.

Over and out,
H

Comments

  1. I considered purchasing this foundation too and never actually did it! Also, I love the idea of your blog as it's very similar to mine! will definitely visit more often :) check out my blog if you fancy some cruelty-free love too www.milenakrecisz.com xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Personal 'Gram